Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 Howdy!

Wow. 2013. I will say it probably came in with a snore since I was totally asleep at midnight. I worked all day yesterday, and had to be back at work at 6 am today. Ray and I have not spent many New Years Eve's together since we began our law enforcement careers, one of us was almost always working, so it has just not been that big a deal for me. Sleeping in a house where NO ONE else was home? Now that was something worth celebrating! At least for a little bit, lol.

So, 2012. Bleh. Regular stuff. Nothing to major, one way or the other. Lost a friend. Gained some career milestones. Needed money. Paid some bills. Kids got in a wreck (all ok). Family moved back. I would say most things evened themselves out. I am thankful for all of it, because the crappy teaches you to appreciate the good.

This year I will be facing Amanda's high school graduation and leaving for college. I am excited. No, really. I am. Stop looking at me like that. She has gotten her first acceptance letter, and nobody even cried. Other than that, I expect this year to roll along like the others. HOWEVER. I know as well as anyone that God has a sense of humor. So whenever he sees fit to throw a wrench into my life, I will roll with it and smile.

Resolutions: as ever, weight/health. No comment necessary. I plan to blog more. Every two months is too much? Get over it! Tithe consistently. Poor planning on our part. Along with this, better financial control in general. A few more that I will keep to myself.

I will say this about resolutions, I have made them in the past, and kept one specifically for a year, concerning visiting someone, and it was an awesome feeling of accomplishment. And as an addition, I will visit Jason every month. Count on it.

Happy New Year. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment