Tuesday, August 20, 2019

The Things I'm Reading

   I have so much to share about that I will have to ease into blogging with something a little frivolous. But really, it's not frivolous at all because books and reading are what keeps all my spinning  plates from crashing to the floor. So, this is what I've been reading, and what I think about it. Thanks for asking!

1. High Achiever, by Tiffany Jenkins (no relation, lol)
     If you are on FB AT ALL, you've  probably seen some of her super funny yet super accurate videos about family and motherhood today. She is also very vocal about her issues with anxiety, depression, self worth, post-partum depression, just all the things that people DON'T talk about enough.
But High Achiever is about Tiffany's past in the drug world, her time in jail, how she got there, and how she got out. I should mention I got the audio book and it was AHMAZING. Tiffany narrated the book herself, so its really just her telling you her story. And what a story. I just want the follow up story. And I want to see her live. And I want to go hang out at her house. But for now, the book is totally worth it.




2. This Is What You'll Remember, by Holly Waugh
    This is a memoir by a FB friend of my . We were connected by being on a few book launches together, and share a lot of the same friends. When offered the option of helping to launch her new book I jumped at the chance, and I loved it. Her book is so intense and so raw. Holly lays bare the things that have happened to her in her life, and how she not only recovers, but flourishes. anyone can take away something from the beautiful story of redemption no matter where you are in your story.
This Is What You'll Remember: A Memoir by Holly Waugh https://www.amazon.com/dp/1097509044/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_U_x_.6lxDbGZNS2A3 via @amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment