Thursday, December 22, 2016

I Did It!

In my previous blog post, I explained NaNoWriMo, and my goal of writing a 50,000 word (minimum) novel in 30 days. As many of you know, I did complete it, finishing at about 11:15 pm on November 30th. I really wanted to quit at about 9:00 when I was about 3000 words down , but my family would not let me and I am grateful for that.
What is not exactly common knowledge is that I somehow contracted dysentery the week of Thanksgiving, even earning a visit to the hospital. I haven't been out of the country, and don't know how I got this lovely illness, but let me say it was just as miserable as you can imagine. AND I was at the mall in Metairie when I initially became ill, so that was a delight. I kept thinking about the Civil War and how widely reported dysentery was. Honestly, I don't know how there was a war. Just trying to sit up and type became extremely difficult.
My point is this. In the last few years, by necessity, my bucket list has changed dramatically. But I still have one. And I do want to work at attaining the things on that list. I burst into tears when I finished writing the book , and I didn't expect that. I was emotional when I finished running my 5k a few years ago, that the dr said may have helped save my life. DO THE THINGS.
Thank you to everyone who was so happy for me finishing. I was touched by every comment of congratulations that was left on my post. I am in editing mode, so I still need the good thoughts. I fully plan on submitting it to agents, and continuing to work on my original manuscript that I already had in the works. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment