Monday, April 13, 2015

I've Gone and Done It!

SO, after many years of scribbling, lots of FB post, my little bloggy here,and Twitter, I started writing the book that's been in my head. Actually, this is my third start. But it's for real this time, and I'll tell you why. I also joined a writer's group. For accountability and tips and criticism and ALL that stuff! All the stuff that lets you quit.

Last night was our first meeting and in the manner of full disclosure, it ended up being just me, one of my besties and my mom. Which sounds like it would be the BEST audience for the first read-aloud of your written material, right? Well, here is my little secret. I am an actress, too. When I am in an uncomfortable and new situation, BAM! Actress Heather takes over. So, Heather the Mysterious Writer With Lots of Important and Meaningful Things to Say was going to read her work easily and with confidence. But since Misty and Mom knew it was me, I had to suck it up. And since I could not see the freaking words, (bad eye day) Misty ended up reading it anyway. They liked it, I was happy and relieved and mainly I got the first hurdle of getting my words out there into space.

The moral is, even if it's scary, do it.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! Keep with it. With your superior wit & intelligence, I'm convinced it will be excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Terry! I value your opinion, so you will be an early reader!

    ReplyDelete